Friday 20 February 2009

The bunny has landed!

(Not the day I expected it to be!)

So (and I KNOW you should never start a sentence with so. SO? !) I woke up and thought "hmmm its going to be a good day - I am nearly done, just a little matter of ribbons for the new bunny and then I can stop and rest."
Feeling like it was going to be a more relaxing day, I decided to start it with a lovely long walk in the fields and woods with Alfie and Meg, our little Norfolk Terriers (teddy bear dogs). It was grey and damp but all was well, they had a great run about chasing smells and elusive rabbits and squirrels and we were out for an hour and I felt a good and kind owner! Then it was off 2 miles to the ribbon shop as I couldn't put it off any longer. Should have only taken 20 minutes in total and then I could say I was finished........ Best laid plans of mice and men? .....Famous last words?......

The shop had a nice little notice in the door saying that it was SHUT DOWN. I should have been alerted by the empty interior I suppose. Apparently they had moved to Sevenoaks, so that was a half hour drive away. I only had 50p in change which meant I only had half an hours parking, and I hadn't thought to write down the address. Sevenoaks is quite big, and very spread out. Hey ho, I got there, parked easily, and even found the shop easily............but no ribbons anymore. I just couldn't believe it. This bunny NEEDED a ribbon, didn't they understand?? I was mooching round the shop in a not too gracious mood when tucked away on the bottom shelf behind the counter I spotted it! Perfect! A lovely fluffy girly thingy, and great colour, and I even treated her to a whole reel of cotton so she could have matching nail varnish on her cashmere pads!
(If anyone wants an almost complete reel of thick dusky rose thread please shout!)
And here they are - the Warren Bunnies!










You have already met Benjamin, but here is Bonita.


She is beautiful dense creamy white mohair, with cashmere pads and ears in deepest aubergine, and of course, the new nail varnish to match her thingy (what are they called??) Hope you like her, and hope to see you on Sunday at Hugglets.
Come and say hi if you are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment